• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Tank/New to Dwarf's

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi Andrew,
That's really starting to look great mate. Saw the pics on another thread with your keyholes - look very nice too!

Just need some big plants for the back. Have you got some stem plants that will grow and do that? I can see what looks like a bunch or two of Myacca? This will really establish your tank. Hygrophila polysperma is a great choice, fast growing and bomb proof!!!

Great work mate, just need the fish to start breeding now!!!

Glasgowa

5 Year Member
Ed

Thanks, the Myacca from my first plant lot has about doubled all ready. The Myacca from today's lot is a pink version (looks the same just now though). The plant trying to hide the heater cable seems as if it might cover quite a bit (can't remember what it is though and my picture is pretty rubbish) and i'm hoping the swords will get a bit bigger.

At least the Ram's and Keyholes are settling in so now fingers crossed for little ones!! Only thing I can see is that 2 Rams have taken over the bogwood cave and will not let anything near.

Cheers

Andrew

beleg

5 Year Member
Planted tanks need a long establishment time. Your choice of fast growing plants for beginning is ideal. Ottos will help a lot with most algae except hair and black beard algae. If they ever show up you might consider adding 1-2 SAE as well... but for now it looks cool :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….