• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New, potential breeder

jetajockey

Hi everyone. I'm new to keeping dwarf cichlids but I'm seriously considering breeding EBRs or something of the sort in the near future. I have about a half dozen tanks set up right now with various bits and bobs in them and in the next few months I'm setting up another rack with 6 40g breeder tanks. Any suggestions, tips and hints will be greatly appreciated.

Adoketa

5 Year Member
motion seconded!

Yes, if you do it for the fish and think of money as a byproduct, then it's more rewarding when and if the money comes. :)
It will also allow you to buy expensive grey fish without feeling like you're throwing money down the drain. :)

Bilbo

5 Year Member
Hope it works out and good luck with the EBR's.

They seem to be quite good breeders and so far seem to be a bit more resilient than some of the normal blues. Pity they are $50 per fish or I would be getting some to.

jetajockey

I have 6 young ones on the way, they'll be kept in a 40g breeder tank. I'm setting 6 more 40b's up in the morning, I just got my new rack yesterday so I'm pumped.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….