• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shawn619

I currently have (what wa sold to me as, and I thought so as well) a male and three female cacatuoides. I’m beginning to think what I actually have is a beautiful male agassizii, two female cacatuoides, and what has suddenly — after months of looking like a female — male agassizii (his maturation has seemed to come along very late. I’m a total noob with Apistogramma having just begun to keep fIsh again after a very long time away from the hobby. Back when I was regularly keeping fish, Apistogrammas were not easy to come by. I’ll be posting in the identification thread soon some pictures as soon as I get the clearest pics possible.

Hello and welcome!
You probably had a sleeper male. Also known as a late male it just means that the fish doesn't show full coloration and sexual dimorphism until much later than usual.
We'd also like to see pictures of you fish! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….