• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Acquisition :)

mf3011

5 Year Member
Recently acquired this expensive little guy, but he was definitely worth the price in my opinion. The face sold me. Here's a few pics of him with a Brochis and being "greeted" by my male agassizii. Both will soon be moving into a new and bigger home, but I think this new guy will go first as he is having to hide a lot thanks to the male agassizii not being particularly friendly. Bought him as A. regani, is this correct?

mf3011

5 Year Member
Thanks!

Well that sounds good to me haha! Either way it's a really cool fish! I'm glad there's a forum with knowledgable people that can straighten out these Apisto confusions for me. He's starting to be more adventurous now and seems to be trying all the foods. I'll keep you updated and will give more photos when I get 'em. Thanks again!

Mike

mf3011

5 Year Member
Update...

Here's a few more shots of my A. piauiensis male getting used to his new surroundings and definitely enjoying the space and the absence of a less than friendly neighbor!

And here's a few shots of my other guys just because, enjoy, and thanks again for the clarification!

Ekona

5 Year Member
That is a nice looking apisto, but I really like that A. agassizii; is it wild? It looks like some of the wild Peruvian populations I have seen. Are you breeding them? Nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

mf3011

5 Year Member
Thanks!

Yeah, I love that aggie too. He is the most common subject of my photos :wink: haha. I was told that he was just a regular domestic double-red variety before...but I have never been really sure about that. Anyone else have opinions? If you search you might find the thread I posted before asking what type he was. I am not breeding them, at the time I did not have enough space to breed and wanted to keep different species so I have one of him, a female borellii (hoped it was a male when i bought, but still looks good!) and now the the piauiensis male going to be sharing a 30 soon. For now, only the piauiensis is in it to allow him to get comfortable before adding the other two. Let me know if you think differently about that aggie, because I have always wondered and to me it definitely doesn't look like most of those other tank strains. He definitely likes to display! Here's a few more pics of him...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….