• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nanochromis Nudiceps

phil wood

5 Year Member
Hello.

Does anybody have any Nanochromis Nudiceps for sale in the UK or does anbody know who has.
I am in desperate need for at least two pairs or even more.
Will pay reasonable price for them.

Regards

Phil Wood

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Hello.

Does anybody have any Nanochromis Nudiceps for sale in the UK or does anbody know who has.
I am in desperate need for at least two pairs or even more.
Will pay reasonable price for them.

Regards

Phil Wood

Haven't seen any N. nudiceps in the UK during the last few years. Where I have heard of them being available, unfortunately they have been misidentified and have all turned out to be N. parilus.

Andrew

phil wood

5 Year Member
N.nudiceps

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew.

I did have a pair a few years back and they used to breed all the time.
But will keep on looking for some, I think sometimes some fishkeepers breed N.Parilis with N.Nudiceps and the tail colouration is bred out of the original source of N.Nudiceps that distictive colour formation which the N.Parilis does not have.
Thats why now they are all classed as N.Parilis.

Regards

Phil Wood

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
N. parilus males can have one of two tail color patterns, a very colorful highly marked one and a fairly plain one. I've seen batches of several hundred wild N. parilus come in with males of both tail patterns present. When breeding a highly colorful tail pattern wild male and a wild female from the same collection I've gotten male offspring of both tail patterns. It seems that the male tail color pattern is just that, a color pattern and not a species distiguishing trait.

Now that said, has anyone ever seen a REAL N. splendens? The pictures of a male holotype I've seen sure look a lot like the highly colorful form of N. parilus. Not saying that they are one and the same, but it wouldn't suprise me if they were!

Jeff

phil wood

5 Year Member
Now Yer Talking!!!

The closest i,ve ever been to N.Splendens is a photo! But would love to keep a few. In the UK we are very limited to Nanochromis Sp's mainly the usual three.

I stand corrected on the N.Parilis and Nudiceps Debate.

Regards

Phil Wood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….