• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannacara adoketa

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I brought 2 pair back from Norway this spring courtesy of Alf Stalsberg. A male & female immediately paired off & killed the other female. I saved the other male before they did the same to him. The odd male is in a 5 gallon tank that butts up to the 20L that the pair are in, & acts as a target fish. The pair continually try to attack him through the glass & do not fight each other. When the male does get overly aggressive with the female, she hides in an opening that is too small for him to enter. In a few days he is back to 'attacking' the other male & again lets the female help. I am slowly lowering the pH & water hardness in their tank. I hope to get them to spawn once the pH is below 5 & almost no hardness. It is an open substrate spawner, like its close relatives in the genus Laetacara. It is not really a true Nannacara species, but intermediate between Nannacara & Laetacara.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….