• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Blue Ram (Mikrogeophagus.ramirezi) Breeding Log

TCMontium

5 Year Member
Are you sure that they can't eat BBS? They are 4-5 days old as free-swimmers, so they could have grown enough to eat BBS, right? Trying wouldn't hurt.

Ram-Finatic

Are you sure that they can't eat BBS? They are 4-5 days old as free-swimmers, so they could have grown enough to eat BBS, right? Trying wouldn't hurt.

I've tried feeding them newly hatched baby brine shrimp, but they only seem to be able to nip at them. The parents then come by and eat all the baby brineshrimp.

Phile

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not the hobby. Kept a wide range of fish in the past 12 years, from community to predators and odd balls. Up until recently, I primary focused on predatory and monster fish, but I've decided to get back into the cichlid world (Specifically South Americans). My experience with cichlids revolved around angels, some Apisto Sp., discus, and Lake Tanganyika cichlids.
The fish I'm currently keeping include:

2 -Betta.macrostoma (both males, lost my female recently) - story for another thread

3 -blue whale/shark catfish (Cetopsis.coecutiens)

11 -Nothobranchius.rachovii 98 killifish fry (1 week old)

and

5 rams (2 "German" blue ram pairs, and 1 female electric blue)
1 pair happens to be the main topic of this thread, so without further ado -

Monday - July.26th,2016 (10:20pm)

Brought this lil guy home yesterday (around 8:00pm) and acclimated him to my 20 gallon breeder (which is currently housing my female GBR and female EBR). Trying to grow some clippings from my main tank as well (Java fern, narrow leaf ludwigia, and Hygro.polysperma)
Immediately after introducing him to my tank, the 3 fish began a flirt-fest and the new male paired off with my female GBR. Fast forward to this morning, The pair has cleaned off a piece of black slate, and the male has dug a pit. The female's egg tube in starting to extend, and she's beginning to get plump.
Happened to snap a few quick shots with my phone. I apologize for the poor quality, bad lighting and algae growing on my tank walls (camera couldn't focus). I will get better pics, once I've done some maintenance on the tank and relocate the lone female EBR. Pics really don't do justice for the pair, the colours and finnage on the male are really stunning in person. Love how high the male's dorsal ray extends, can kinda see it in picture #2 & 3.

Ntaiu62.jpg

4MF9a6O.jpg

dg9xQXa.jpg

aPuWe6G.jpg

jbIOxMH.jpg

VOb0tg5.jpg

rE6gHDT.jpg

mqzHYA4.jpg

ad1a5iG.jpg

Wednesday- July.27th, 2016 (10:17pm)

Quick update with some awesome news!
The ram pair just started laying eggs on the piece of slate in their tank.
These are some early shots, the pair is still laying and fertilizing. Eggs looking good so far, hope everything goes well (The waiting game begins).

YVTgV5p.jpg

qqDyjYo.jpg

CjqblC5.jpg

U79PMHH.jpg

UvWJFWC.jpg

Thursday- July.28th,2016 (12:52am)

Can see eyes and spines slowly developing
Keep you guys posted
grin.png
Nice pics. I just started a pair of Rams myself. They're more live in boyfriend/girlfriend at this stage.

Phile

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not the hobby. Kept a wide range of fish in the past 12 years, from community to predators and odd balls. Up until recently, I primary focused on predatory and monster fish, but I've decided to get back into the cichlid world (Specifically South Americans). My experience with cichlids revolved around angels, some Apisto Sp., discus, and Lake Tanganyika cichlids.
The fish I'm currently keeping include:

2 -Betta.macrostoma (both males, lost my female recently) - story for another thread

3 -blue whale/shark catfish (Cetopsis.coecutiens)

11 -Nothobranchius.rachovii 98 killifish fry (1 week old)

and

5 rams (2 "German" blue ram pairs, and 1 female electric blue)
1 pair happens to be the main topic of this thread, so without further ado -

Monday - July.26th,2016 (10:20pm)

Brought this lil guy home yesterday (around 8:00pm) and acclimated him to my 20 gallon breeder (which is currently housing my female GBR and female EBR). Trying to grow some clippings from my main tank as well (Java fern, narrow leaf ludwigia, and Hygro.polysperma)
Immediately after introducing him to my tank, the 3 fish began a flirt-fest and the new male paired off with my female GBR. Fast forward to this morning, The pair has cleaned off a piece of black slate, and the male has dug a pit. The female's egg tube in starting to extend, and she's beginning to get plump.
Happened to snap a few quick shots with my phone. I apologize for the poor quality, bad lighting and algae growing on my tank walls (camera couldn't focus). I will get better pics, once I've done some maintenance on the tank and relocate the lone female EBR. Pics really don't do justice for the pair, the colours and finnage on the male are really stunning in person. Love how high the male's dorsal ray extends, can kinda see it in picture #2 & 3.

Ntaiu62.jpg

4MF9a6O.jpg

dg9xQXa.jpg

aPuWe6G.jpg

jbIOxMH.jpg

VOb0tg5.jpg

rE6gHDT.jpg

mqzHYA4.jpg

ad1a5iG.jpg

Wednesday- July.27th, 2016 (10:17pm)

Quick update with some awesome news!
The ram pair just started laying eggs on the piece of slate in their tank.
These are some early shots, the pair is still laying and fertilizing. Eggs looking good so far, hope everything goes well (The waiting game begins).

YVTgV5p.jpg

qqDyjYo.jpg

CjqblC5.jpg

U79PMHH.jpg

UvWJFWC.jpg

Thursday- July.28th,2016 (12:52am)

Can see eyes and spines slowly developing
Keep you guys posted
grin.png
I'm envious of the N. Rachovii. I had killis for about 10 years and bred guentheri but never got the rachs. Beautiful fish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….