• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my apistogramma tank

cageman

5 Year Member
I notice that this topic is not used very often. I personally think it is too bad because I'm convinced that You all have very nice tanks at home.
hopefully some more people will follow the few others and me in posting pictures of their fishtanks.
this is mine, it is aprox. 45 liters.
in it swim: Ap. Nijsseni(temporary), 2x otocincles macrospilus, a few lebistes reticulatus(guppy) for food and 3x corydoras aeneus. my plants on the surfaceare, Limnobium Laevigatum. on the bottom you can find Potamogeton Gayi, Echinodorus parviflorus, Sagittaria subulata and Elodea densa
in a few weeks the nijsseni will be moved to my big tank and in this tank will come bitaeniata or trifasciata.
100_1317.jpg

100_1315.jpg

I really hope to see more of all your tanks in the future!!

greetings,

cageman

cageman

5 Year Member
thanks for the compliment and yes I made it myself. but I am not so happy with it, it looks good but it is not what I want. it is made of a friendly kind of flag adhesive(I believe that is the right word). I'm going to make a new one with epoxy. this way my water values wil not be influenced as much as now. I will place some new pics in a few months, so that you all can see the new setting.

depthc

5 Year Member
Very unique tank, i like the background. The tank looks natural which is a great thing. What kind of leaves are those in their? The tank is roughly 10g or 12g im guessing, so what kind of lighting do you have on the tank and are you dosing any nutrients of C02?

Andrew

cageman

5 Year Member
I allways try to make my tanks as close to nature as I can.
I like it more that way. don't know if the fish do so too but I think they appreciate it. I don't use co2 but I do use peat and oaktree extract is small amounts. my ph is about 6.9 at the time and my gh is quite high, about 8.
indeed the tank is aprox. 10g american.
the leafs are beech tree leafs I believe, got a big bag of them over here.
I think you can also use oaktree leaves.
as lighting I use one lamp, a Sylvania gro-lux. I am not satisfied with the lamp but I had it so I used it anyway. in a few months I hope to have three in a row. just for breeding.
if you want to make something simular remember to use epoxy. if you dont, you will keep problems with your gh like I am having right now.
in the future I will keep you informed when I am making my new tanks,...

greetings,

cageman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….