• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Apistogramma agassizii

Joe

These are tank-bred fish with the Northern Peru colouring. The female is quite old but I have bought a new, much younger female which isn't pictured.
170412001.jpg

040512029.jpg

040512031.jpg

nijrem

Hmm. Tempted to show my older agassizi female which is almost behaving like a male right now, alone in a tank with ember tetra, Cory pygmeus a otocinclus. She's probably a formidable force for any male I put in there. I'm trying to find a large (full grown) Male right now that would be able to stand up to her :)

Edit: trying to find à red (not double red) Male. Which has proven to be difficult. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt1892

Wow that's a really nice looking fish! I saw these guys at a petsmart the other day in new jersey, I was very tempted to buy them but being that it was a petsmart, I was very hesitant, because they are always sick. I also didn't think they could color up so nicely. I am now partially regretting my decision haha.
Good luck with your search for a male. And if you can, post a picture of that alpha female you got, haha, I wouldn't mind seeing her, you got me thinking about driving back to grab a couple sick or not.
-Matt

Bilbo

5 Year Member
Lovely fish Joe.

I just scored 2 males too. Swapped for a bunch of my females. (I only ever seem to get females when I spawn agassisi)

Joe

Thanks guys!

Sadly I have decided to put them up for sale because I really want them to be bred, and I am busy with the trifasciata at the moment. Also I'm getting some Green Neon Tetras, which in NZ are extremely rare, and I'd love to get those breeding. So I doubt that I will be able to get round to breeding the agassizii in the near future.

Here's the 2nd female that I bought from Bilbo :)
020612080.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….