• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my Ap.steindachneri

apistoworld(HK)

5 Year Member
my Ap.steindachneri

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The fins & vertical bars on all steindachni-group species turn red in threat display - like their close relative in the pertensis-group. Most steindachneri-group males also show split posterior vertical bars in threat display. This seems to be a plesiomorphic (ancestral) feature it shares with some other species like A. staecki, eunotus-complex species, and even a regani-group species

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hmm..this is not any Ap. steindachneri form I know. I have seen two or three forms since middle 80´s but nothing like this??
Is it really a Steincachneri?

But it´s very beautiful anyway!!

Regards/ Per

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, this is A. steindachneri in the height of threat display. In fright dress the fins and bars are not red or split, and the triangular flank patch (on Bar 3 above the lateral band) and caudal spot are more visible. I notice that the bars are split differently of each side of the fish.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….