• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

More sexing of Caca

GliAzzurri

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and is brought on by dire necessity;)
I've got 3 apistogramma Cacatouides which I'm unable to distinguish male/females.

I've had these three for 4-5 months now, but I'm still unable to say for certain which is a female... If any of them.
I'll attach the pictures:

The first picture is a male, I'm quite certain. It's much bigger than the other two, and has all the male telltell signs as far as I'm concerned. It's also the dominant "force" in the tank.

The second picture I think might be a male.

The third picture I hope is a female, but I worry it might also be a male.

Can anyone give me some pointers?
Hann1.JPG
Hann2.JPG
Hunn.JPG

GliAzzurri

Thanks for your reply. That's what i've suspected too. I'm still uncertain about the third one. What's strange is that there really is no fighting/quarrel over territory in the tank between these males. I guess it would change if there were females there too though :)

Junkenz

Pretty sure is all male. And commonly in a batch of captivity breed cacatoides will be male predominant.

Pellegrino

this is a female for sure you can compare this fish with yours

Attachments

• IMG_20160306_183537884.jpg
    IMG_20160306_183537884.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 230

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….