• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male Panduro safe in young Rummynose rasbora 20L planted tank

nuimom

5 Year Member
I would like to add one male Borrelli but hard to find, I can get a male Panduro, but don't know how there temperment is with small fish. Not sure if that would be safe, any one had that combo. These are young Rummynose Rasboras, so small. Thanks

MacZ

If something possibly fits in the mouth the fish will at one point try to eat it. That applies to basically all fish.

What sizes are we actually talking here?

nuimom

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply :) I just went to ck out the Panduros, they are still really small so I got a male. he is already settled in and ignores all the Rummynose :) They are just less than an inch. I didn't even know til I got the the shop, he had the Blue Panduros, they look AWESOME with the blue and orange Rummys :)Thanks again :)

nuimom

5 Year Member
I hope you "20L" is a 20 gallon long and not a 20 litre tank (~5 gallons).;)
Yes a 20 LONG :)))) I do have a 40B I can swap him out to if needed, but didn't know if the Panduros had a more aggressive behavior. I know when breeding all Apistos are, territorial, some more than others. I am not breading, and just male :) He is a small 2" with tail, he will grow up in this tank, so hopefully peace will remain :) Thanks again for your input Mike :)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….