• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Macmasteri pair? Video of the two.

I bought these like 6-7 months ago and thought that i had a male and sub dominant, so i seperated them. Well after a couple months the smaller one began looking less and less like the big male i had, so about a month or so ago i put them in a 10 gallon together and she colored up and they now have fry. The only pictures ive been able to find of females are wild and have the red on their tales. So i know the male is a true Macmasteri, is the female as well??

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Couple things: first is that I've never seen a Youtube Capture video before (I don't think) That looks like it's pretty cool and works very well.
Second is that I like your story about separating them only to find out that they really were a mating pair. It always pays off to play it safe. Congrats on the fry!

Thanks man. I've been searching forever for females and nobody has them or wants to sell them. And all along I have a pair. So this is their first batch we will see how they do as parents. Most my other species have been great parents. So hoping for good things for them as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….