• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lets Talk Dicrossus

ste12000

5 Year Member
My Dicrossus went freeswimming this morning, i spent a pleasant hour watching and photographing them and am really enjoying this spawn, lovely little fish and unfortunately very under rated..

DSCF9175.jpg

DSCF9130.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
Congrats Ste, and nice shots! Looks like mom successfully told the kids to look at the camera. They're sure not under-rated among THIS gang!

BTW, do maculatus mothers always have yellow pelvics (like PeterK's and my pics) vs orange in filamentosa, or does maternal pelvic color vary within both species?

... and I wonder when D.mac will get split into multple forms/species ??

Lucasalc46

Hey guys, I’ve already got a group of 4 dicrossus filamentosus but I was thinking of adding 2 maculatus with them, will they live together or aren’t fit for that?

Thanks

Bart Hazes

I have both species but haven't kept them together. The maculatus is quite assertive though and should be fine. I've also had the filamentosus with different apistogramma species and Laetacara dorsigera and they held their own. So I would fully expect you can keep them together but as always I'd like to have a plan B, one or more other thanks, to relocate if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….