• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lake Glemende biotope

MatB

Thanks for all kind words.
Unfortunately, one of the females died and the rest got disease known from wild apisto.
The male grew into real bully :) Marks on the body add him only the charm and originality.
For those who love apisto few more shots :)

Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis 01.jpg
Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis 04.jpg
Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis 02.jpg
Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis 03.jpg
Apistogramma sp. Abacaxis.jpg

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
Your take photo, marvelious! For our country, this speices still fantastic! We are waiting for photos this fish. Thanks...

chris1805

5 Year Member
I just re-read Linke's introduction of the species. In it he doesn't list any species found with them except half-grown Discus. This is hardly surprising because the water values were extreme: muddy, blackwater pH 3.9, dGH & dKH <1, 8 µS/cm @ 29.8°C. You could check Fishbase for the lower Rio Madeira and see what occurs there.

Mike is het possible that you send me his paper, Or can tell me the title so i can find it on google scholar?

Shane Puthuparambil

Where did you buy A. Sp. Abacaxis??? I have been looking for a while now and I am unable to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Mike is het possible that you send me his paper, Or can tell me the title so i can find it on google scholar?

He is the article that introduces the species: Linke, Horst. 1999. Apistogramma sp. „Wilhelmi" - eine neue, farblich interessante Art aus dem Apistogramma agassizii-Formkreis. Das Aquarium, Nr. 361, Juli 1999. pp. 22-26. It's in German, of course.

chris1805

5 Year Member
He is the article that introduces the species: Linke, Horst. 1999. Apistogramma sp. „Wilhelmi" - eine neue, farblich interessante Art aus dem Apistogramma agassizii-Formkreis. Das Aquarium, Nr. 361, Juli 1999. pp. 22-26. It's in German, of course.
Good thing i can read German. Thanks a lot Mike!

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Can someone send the link to the german article? I can't find it on Google Scholar!!
It isn't a scientific paper, it is an article in the magazine "Das Aquarium", (Nr. 361, Juli 1999. pp. 22-26.)

I know that "Das Aquarium" magazine stopped publishing in 2005 (it started the <"LDA numbering system for newly introduced Plecs">, as an alternative to (DATZ's) L numbers).

I'm not sure how you would obtain a copy the article, it may not exist in an electronic version.

cheers Darrel

Phile

Very nice pics and fish. If these fish like a pH of 3, what pH are you maintaining them at? What are you doing to lower pH?
Vinegar runs between pH 2.0-3.0. I've only seen pickled herring in that stuff.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Very nice pics and fish. If these fish like a pH of 3, what pH are you maintaining them at? What are you doing to lower pH?
Vinegar runs between pH 2.0-3.0. I've only seen pickled herring in that stuff.
You can't really interpret the pH in the normal manner. This is water with hardly any ions, of any description. In really soft water pH isn't a very useful measure, and is inherently unstable.

Because pH is a ratio you only need a small amount of weak acids to donate enough H+ ions to reduce the pH below pH4.

cheers Darrel

abrooks12376

I had them spawning in a ph of 6. Tds was below 50 and I used humic acid to stain the water. Moving the fry failed, the 2nd and 3rd spawn were left in the and disappeared a few days after I noticed free swimmers. Can't say it was viable for raising them but they definitely made it to free swimming a few times. The females got the black spot? I've read about it but can't remember exactly. They all died. 2 males are now huge in my 75. Ph is about 6.5 and tds usually under 100. Water is changed frequently which I think they appreciate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

chris1805

5 Year Member
I'm not sure how you would obtain a copy the article, it may not exist in an electronic version.

cheers Darrel

I am affraid you are right. Doens't seem like there is an electronic version of the article. So making a biotope for them will be hard. Seems like we will go for the usual nannostomus eques as a nice companion for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….