• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L.Curviceps hatched

Apistt_ed

yes i have wigglers... but some of the eggs are obviously not fertile and have turned white.. but the male is still guarding them. will he eventually give up on these? i have placed a good amount of java moss in there for the infurosia... should i be looking for anything else to feed the babies. i also have a bbs cuture that is ready but heard that it might be too big to feed these little guys( at first). This is the first time i have ever ventured into these guys and have always worked with apistos only, where bbs was standard or formula one liquid fry food. suggestions?... they also are in a breeder tank so, there's no need to worry about predators..

Randall

5 Year Member
Laetacara curviceps

Dear Apistt_ed,

Congratulations! Laetacara curviceps is one of my favorites!

The male will eventually give up on the eggs that are not developing (a tasty little snack) and concentrate on the larvae. When you have free-swimming fry, bbs works for some, but I have found that it may be too big for tiny laetacara fry. Some powdered food mixed with water that you can squirt into the shoal several times each day, should do the trick.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….