• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Inka questions

Gillie

5 Year Member
I have a pair or what I think is a Pair of Inka and I was wondering at what size do the males start to show the extentions in the dorsal spines? MY fish are about one and a quarter inches long the one I believe to be male isn't really showing any color at all just pale like my pool filter sand, and the one I believe to be female is a little more robust, pale yellow and has pretty heavy black markings.

I tried to get pictures but they hide when I get near the tank.

fishgeek

your fish are large enough to show extension on all or any of the fins that they develop them on

pale colour would be more likely due to not being comfortable in there surroundings , either health or stress related

andrew

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, it is possible that you have 2 females, but at the size of these fish, it will be very hard to sex them unless you have experience with this species. I would wait for another month and see what develops.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hillberg

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(