• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Id!

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Apist%20hongnei.JPG

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
For ID purposes, this is a rather poor photo. It shows very few black markings. Do you have photos of females? Under what name was it sold? How large/old is it? Do you know if it is a wild fish? If so, what country? Answers to these will be very helpful. I doubt that it is A. borellii because borellii has the membranes of the dorsal fin fused together. This fish has a serrated dorsal fin.

Greg PL

5 Year Member
I saw a similar fish in Czech Rep. it was supposed to be A. linkei.
the "hoignei" I got from Czech were also very different from those wild caught. they were more colorful on the flanks and head.
but both had black/red or red/black margins on the tail. this fish doesn't show it although I would suspect it of being male.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….