• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I finally did it

MC1979

5 Year Member
After months of deliberating whether or not to go the Apistogramma route, I finally did it.

In a moment of weakness, I purchased a male and female Apistogramma cacatuoides

Both are under 2cm in size. Their current accomodation is a 72G corner aquarium, which is heavily planted. They both looked to be well formed fish, I have seen some doozies when out and about, malformed lips and heads (yuck and a real shame, as these fish can be something rather special).

I think I am already hooked on them :) They may be the first, but they sure won't be the last.

Oh and thanks for putting up with my little story. :wink: Apistogramma.com is a wonderful group of people and a brilliant resource. Lots to read and think about.

MC

Neil

MC1979,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

And, congratulations, welcome to the addiction! You can now look forward to slipping further and further into the "jones" - Waiting outside the only fishstore in a seedy part of town that carries BBS to open because you have free-swimming fry that you didn't know about because the female hid them so well. Trying to figure out a way to rationalize to yourself and those around you that you need just one more tank for that really cool new apisto at the LFS. Bidding your time until your family does a fish intervention, while you build up a repitore of denials that there is any problem. Welcome to our world. :oops: :D 8O

No seriously, good luck with them and have fun. I am sure that you will much enjoy your new additions.

Neil

Neil

That looks like a cory to me :D . Yes, that is a triple red. I can't quite see the anal fin, but it looks like it has red/black reticulations. That is how to differentiate a double red from a triple red - Triples have the colors in the anal as well as the caudal and dorsal.

I am sure he will be quite nice when he grows a bit.

Neil

MC1979

5 Year Member
Once again Neil, thankyou very much, you have been so helpful, and it is appreciated.

Yes it has the reticulations on the anal fin. A "Triple Red" it is.

Now I wait :D

Thanks again,

MC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….