• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How aggressive is Uaru Ampiacanthoides?

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello,

Having keep them before, I can say that they are non agressive, similar to Discus and just stunning fish. If you wish to breed, I would not keep with tetras, as the baby fry feed off a secretion from the mother.
they can be keep with Apistos and Bolivians. Just remember they do get to a fairly large size. Would suggest sand or very find substrate, caves and driftwood or roots. Also plants and some free swimming area.
They are a joy and as I stated stunning.
Have fun and post some photos. Cheers jk:biggrin:

Spartan16

5 Year Member
yeah I'm getting conflicting data on how big they get. I just want one, my 29 gallon is probably too small though eh?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamigLag

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(