• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Rome! ;)

Betta

Hi everyone!

My name is Elisabetta and I write from Rome (Italy). First for all,I want to apologize for my english,but I’ll do my best

I want to introduce my tank : is a 120 L tank (31us). The filter is an eheim professional 3.I I have a ph meter with a solenoid valve,and a temperature controller (stc1000) for heating and cooling.
IMG_5382.jpg
IMG_5393.jpg

Is a community tank : 12 hyphessobrycon megalopterus (magalamphodus megalopterus); 6 corydoras panda; 7corydoras pygmaeus; 6 otocinclus affinis and 3 apistogramma Borellii (2f and 1m…they are with me from 2 weeks)

Water conditions:

ph 6.8

kh 4

gh 6

no2 0,025

no3 10

po4 1

fe 0,1

temperature 24.5 C

Before this trio,I had a trio of beautiful apistogramma agassizzii.They reproduced different time but finally I had some problem of intestinal worms.I tried to do something but it was too late.

I change 20l every two weeks with ro water and salt (dennerle remineral plus)

Feeding: I tried to alternate the different fodders that I have. Twice a week,I give them vitamin and garlic juice. Once (or more if I have time) a week,fresh vegetable.
IMG_5394.jpg
IMG_5395.jpg
IMG_5396.jpg

That’s it! If you have some advice,I’m here! If you have some tabs (or website) to show me about Borellii,I’ll be very happy…because I found only superficial news about this apistogramma

About plants,I know they aren’t so good but I’m trying to retake the situation after summer. Slowly it’s getting better (as fertilizer I use Dennerle e15-v30-s7)

IMG_5384.jpg
IMG_5166.jpg
IMG_5289.jpg
IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5293.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5329.jpg
IMG_5346.jpg
IMG_5361.jpg
IMG_5365.jpg
IMG_5388.jpg
IMG_5389.jpg

gerald

5 Year Member
Welcome! Those look like very happy and well-loved fish!
"About plants,I know they aren’t so good but ..." Please pardon me for disagreeing with you on THAT statement.

gerald

5 Year Member
One more thing ... in the future, please shrink your photos to a smaller size before posting. They take a long time to load for some of us with older computers. I usually make mine about 1000 x 700 pixels, which gives reasonably good clarity and the file size is about 500 to 600 KB.

HengLee

The South American Apistogramma and Ram seemed to be the best fish for average size tanks... I'm thinking of removing some of my schooling fish and add more Apistogramma or Ram. They are more interesting to watch and more intelligent than the normal schooling fish.

Betta

Oh!!!Sorry!!! I had some problems with my internet line,so I couldn't see your answers!Sorry about that!
The tank is less than 120l!

100cm X 40cm X 30 cm :)

But I'm just thinking about a new bigger tank! :D

HengLee

Hi Elisabetta,
I noticed that you have Hyphessobrycon megalopterus (Black phantom tetra), do they nip your Borelli fins? Some tetras like to nip at the fins of Borelli. Even the Neon Tetra will nip their fins.

You also mentioned that you have internal worms problems that killed your 3 Agassizii.
Beware of internal worms or parasites that can kill your Apistogramma. These parasites can stay in your tank for a long time and they are hard to get rid of.
I lost most of my Apistogramma to gill flukes that are so hard to get rid of once they get into your tank.
Lastly, you might want to consider another back up filter since you only have one filter. I find that hang on filter is the easiest to maintain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….