• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi, from Johannesburg, South Africa

morris

Hi all,

Finally I am posting my opening thread, and wanted to say hi to everyone!!, have been lurking around for some time now.

I have been keeping fishtanks for a couple of years, and I am more into the planted side of fishtanks.
I have recently started a Blackwater Biotope tank( will add this under the South American Biotope Aquariums thread after this post)

Many moons back I did keep and breed some Agassizi and cacatuoides, and thought I need to setup a tank for some again.

Some of my planted tanks

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_20061.jpg

Hope to learn as much as possible and get to know all of you!!:)

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Wow! Nice Amano or Amano style tanks. What are the plants you used in your tanks? What type of lighting? Do you use CO2? And the rocks in the second tank, what are they (I'm guessing they raise the pH). Did you start the tank as "emersed"?

morris

Thanx Linus_Cello.

both tanks are the same tanks, just different scapes.
The first tank, the plants I used was Blyxa, Staurogyne sp. and Glosso
The second tank is Parvula, Staurogyne sp. and HC
It has got 4*24w t5's, and I do use pressuarised Co2 yes

Those grey rocks we find all over the place where I stay and it is a granite type off rock, that doesn't raise the Ph or hardness.

a cabinet shot from these two scapes

IMG_0528.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….