• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Bolivia

Matías

My name is Matías, I'm from Cochabamba, Bolivia.
Sorry if I'm wrong with my English, I have no problems with corrections, they are grateful...
I hope to read and learn a lot in this forum because I love apistogrammas and other dwarf cichlids...
Greetings from Bolivia!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Apisto Forum! Do you collect local fish? Little is known about about dwarf cichlids from the uppermost Río Mamoré system where you live.

Ttw

5 Year Member
Good to hear from someone in Bolivia. I collected apistos in Bolivia and really enjoyed the country. I am currently planning another trip to your country. The last trip we collected from Santa Cruz along highway 9 to Trinidad. From there we went up to Magdelena then west toward San Borga and finally south of Trinidad to Laguna Suarez. We collected alot of apistos that we do not see much in the US. Quizas el viaje proximo podemos encontranos ( I am trying to learn Spanish).

Matías

Welcome to the Apisto Forum! Do you collect local fish? Little is known about about dwarf cichlids from the uppermost Río Mamoré system where you live.

Thanks Mike Wise!
Exactly, there is little knowledge here in my country, having so much wildlife. I'm studying to be a biologist, and so provide knowledge ...
In my city you can easily get two wild species of cichlids: Bolivian Ram (Microgeophagus altispinosa) and Horse Face (Geophagus (Satanoperca) jurupari) ... In other cities there is more diversity of species because they are closer to the jungle ...
If something is not understood, sorry ...

Matías

Good to hear from someone in Bolivia. I collected apistos in Bolivia and really enjoyed the country. I am currently planning another trip to your country. The last trip we collected from Santa Cruz along highway 9 to Trinidad. From there we went up to Magdelena then west toward San Borga and finally south of Trinidad to Laguna Suarez. We collected alot of apistos that we do not see much in the US. Quizas el viaje proximo podemos encontranos ( I am trying to learn Spanish).
Thanks Ttw!
It would be great to know and be able to collect apistos ... Already have a date to come?
Your Spanish is very good when I read it I did not realize the change of language ...
Sería genial encontrarnos para poder viajar por mi país...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….