• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone

Murano22s

Hi all, my name is tim and I'm new to the forum. I just so happened to meet someone in my lfs that had an abundance of knowledge on apistogramma and really just about everything related to aquariums. He highly recommended this forum for advice. So here I am. So I must admit I won't have much in the way of advice for anyone, but I will try my best. I will be asking a lot of questions, I have read a lot of information most of it conflicting. On to my tank it's a 46 gallon bow front, substrate is sand, planted tank dwarf sword grass, amazon sword as a center piece, dwarf baby tears, and java fern. As far as stock goes I have black skirt tetras, neon tetras, guppies, gold nugget pleco, electric blue rams, and Bolivian rams. I hope to finish off my stock by getting 2 triple red apistogramma or 2 orange cockotoo. If anyone knows where I can find them my ears are listening lol. I run a DIY co2 generator, 4x39 watt lighting with 3 6500k bulbs and 1 10k bulb. Finally a aquaclear 70 hob filter. So a few questions is there an app for this forum? How do I upload pictures? And where do I find David Soares as I hear he is the guy I should speak to about finding the best livestock... Thanks everyone and I look forward to speaking with all of you.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum Tim!

I've always loaded [ictures onto photobucket.com and then posted them but with some recent changes and upgrades to this forum you should be able to post them directly now. I haven't done this as of yet so I can give you the step by step run down though, sorry!

David is on the forum...you may have to contact him via pm or email but he's here (apistodave).

Good luck on your search for some cacatuoides. They shouldn't be to hard to track down and they are a great Apisto to get strated with. Just make sure you have a lot of caves and other structure in your tank so they can claim some space of there own as the bottom of your tank sounds like it may be pretty active with the rams and pleco.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi Tim, Welcome! Thanks for joining!
You should be able to upload photos directly to Apistogramma.com - if you get any limit errors, let me know. Ideally everyone should be able to upload to the forum if they choose to do so. We have plenty of space to store photos too now.
I'm still working on getting a mobile app for the forum. It's definitely on my to-do list for 2012. Stay tuned, because eventually you'll be able to upload photos and videos directly from your Android or Apple mobile devices (including iPad, iPhone, and iPod).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….