• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi all.

Mburz

Hi everyone. I've been keeping fish for 6 years and I've been interested in Apistogrammas since the beginning. I currently have 2 tanks with Apistos, a 50 litre with a pair of A. viejita (hopefully to be confirmed in a future thread), and a 50 litre with an A. hongsloi male (I'm trying to find some females, unsuccessfully).
I also have a 180 litre community which houses a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus, a 100 litre breeding Danio margaritatus, a 200 litre breeding Aulonocara stuartgranti 'Gold Peacock' and a 500 litre African Cichlid community.
I'm hoping to get some good information to help me with my Apisto breeding plan.
So that's me basically. Oh yeah, I have a Budgie, Tobi, and a dog, Jess. She's on the couch nursing a sore foot from an altercation with another dog.

Bilbo

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome.

I am 99% sure the A.viejita are macmasteri but still lovely fish. Best of luck breeding them and remember me when you do :biggrin:

I saw them in the shops and they looked nice but I bet they look heaps better once they are settled into your tank. Would love to see pictures of your pair.

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello and welcometo the forum.
It is true that also in AUS the Apistos were sold as wild or F1 Viejita, but as Bilbo states, to 99% they are macmacsteri. They orig Viejita has not been seen inthe trade either here or europe for a while now. The macs are still stunning fish though and maybe we are also wrong. cheers jk :cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….