• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey I'm new from wales

Fryer

Hey just though I'd join this forum after getting this lil beauty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404599927.758941.jpg

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
welcome :D gotta love them gold cacatuoides im working on improving the gold line at the moment .... very nice female u got there although id prob look to swap out for sand substrate for your apistos aswel as your corydoras as gravel wears away there barbels and both like to sift through the sand for food etc

Fryer

Thank you yeah didn't know if my females where cacatioides or not my male is my favourite tbh peter love their markings just really really rare to find them these are the trio

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404629961.039696.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404629991.772100.jpg

Was told the females don't lol like cacatioides tbh but he's in a mixed tank so not looking for breeding him. I'm aware about the substrate it's being changed to sand when my new 4x2x2 comes just waiting on a delivery date then new fx6 and got myself some play sand. As I hate the gravel always seem to get food inbetween and wish I didn't buy it when I set the tank up in march yeah 4 months after buying my 120x40x40 I'm upgrading going from just under 200 litres to 120gal

wylor

Hi Fryer..............and welcome. There is a lot to learn about Apistos and this is a good place to start. What part of Wales are you from? I'm from near Caerphilly.

Best regards, Rowly

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
the bottom female is a macmasteri not a cacatuoides but new tank sounds good but fyi be careful of the play sand as it compacts very fast compared to other sands and builds up toxic gases underneath also creates black patches where the sand is rotting and trust me the smell isn't nice lol the best type of sand to go for is swimming pool filter sand ..... although i currently use aquarium black limpopo sand but thats just personal preference

Fryer

I'll be stirring the sand every week. Ok no probs yeah someone said she was a macmasteri just wanted a 2nd opinion they were all in the same tank as golden caucatuoides so I got 1 male and 2 females. Could explain why the male sometimes chases that one then also they both flare their cheek sometimes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….