• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Neil

Henrique

5 Year Member
Hello Neil,
You wrote like nanochromis...and you paid 100.00 dollars pair?Is correct?
I have a friend and he brred this fish,he do it one time and today he sell this fish to aquarium stores.The price is about 12.00 dollars e.a.
Today I have 4 nanochromis parilus because he made a special price.I think is a nice fish!
About apistos I am buying some wild fishes.I know thy comes from Amazonas and don`t have classification...But I know is apisto.The price is 0.30 - 1.0 dollar e.a.Really cheap.
I have a friend going to a fair in Germany next week and he ask me what apisto I really want...I think he will import some fishes.
In Germany have a lot of good apistos,correct?But someone told me some fishes comes with medication and can`t breed.I think they do it to garantee their bussiness.In my mind isn`t correct and almost not-honest.And the expensive price is another problem...
Até logo from Brazil.

Neil

Henrique.
Hi, I moved this to the Lounge because it is not specifically about Apistos.
The Nanochromis that I bought for $100/pr. were called splendens. They are a very rare West African. Parilus is the most common Nanochromis in the hobby, but still commands a $10-$15/fish price when you can find them. They are very cool fish, but pretty aggressive, so beware.
I would say that is a pretty good price for just about any apisto. Hope you get some nice ones!
I would'nt doubt that there is a small population of breeders that sterilize there fish to insure there own continuing sales, but I don't think that most of the good breeders would do that. There really isn't any reason. Most people are not successful enough with Apistogramma to threaten them.
The price is a function of the rarity and difficulty in captive breeding. I think you pretty much get what you pay for from Germany.
Good luck with your new additions and nice to hear from you.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….