• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Sweden

Skägget

I have been reading treads from time to time here a couple of years but now I also have taken the step and registered me here. I have had baenschi, viejita and cacatuoides. Right now I have viejita II, but when the fry is big enough to sell I will go back to baenschi in that tank. I will also sell my cacatuoides and try agassizi instead. I consider myself as an experienced beginner, I have had apistogramma since the summer of 2009. Recently I´ve moved to a another apartment and have gone from seven down to four aquariums. Besides dwarfs, loricariidae is an another favourite of mine.

sstork

Welcome from another long time lurker/ new member. I have been keeping fish for about 35 years and for 30+ of them my favorites have been cichlids and catfish.

What area of Sweden are you in? I occasionally travel to Almhult, Sweden for work, tried to get some time to check out the LFS scene in the area but was too busy.

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Scott

Skägget

Welcome! Loricariidaes are a favorite of mine too. Are you on planetcatfish? What plecos do you have? I have L114, 600, 7 and 204.
Yes I am on planetcatfish as well but on a low level of activity. Since I´m not having so many aquariums any more, I don´t have so many species either. Right now I only have L204, L015 and LDA023.

Skägget

Welcome from another long time lurker/ new member. I have been keeping fish for about 35 years and for 30+ of them my favorites have been cichlids and catfish.

What area of Sweden are you in? I occasionally travel to Almhult, Sweden for work, tried to get some time to check out the LFS scene in the area but was too busy.

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Scott
I live in the northern part of the southern half of Sweden, in a town called Fagersta. Aha so you are working in Älmhult, the place where IKEA come from. I guess you have to visit Växjö if you want to find a good LFS in that area.

sstork

I live and work in Minnesota, USA but the company I work for also has a factory in Älmhult. If I get some free time next time I am there I will definetly check out Växjö.

Skägget

I have read about a shop called Tassar och Morrhår (paws and whiskers) in Swedish forums that is supposed to be OK in Växjö. Fun to hear that there is still a connection between Minnesota and Småland since so many migrated to Minnesota from Sweden over 100 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….