• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gut Loading

Neil

Hey Ken,
The only kind of gut loading I have done is with baby and adult live brine. I use Selcon occasionally, but I haven't been careful enough to figure out whether it has any noticable effect. The brine seem to like it and I would expect that the extra vitamins couldn't hurt the fish. I am pretty sure, though, that you have to feed fairly soon after the process or the shrimp loose the additional resources and won't have any additional benefit for your fish.
Neil

Orchid

5 Year Member
When I was growing out brine fairly regularly for my reef I was using Marine Zoe. I don't know if this made any difference for the fish or coral. I was thinking of doing it for my baby checkerboards.

aspen

5 Year Member
i think the best part of a bbs is the yolk sac. after that the nutritional value goes way down. feed them in the first 12 hours and you will be doing the best apparently.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….