• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gold tetra conundrum

MacZ

I feel like it's too stocky and resembles one of the marginatus types.
I definitely disagree, even in bright light and stressed, there should at least be a shadow of a second or third stripe visible. Which is not the case.

rr16

5 Year Member
IMG_20221020_132235.jpg
IMG_20221020_132114.jpg

Not great photos.

MacZ

Sufficient. The irredescence, the red spot on the gillplate, some red in the fins... I'm very positive now it's an N. anduzei. Quite a rarity if it really is.

rr16

5 Year Member
Sufficient. The irredescence, the red spot on the gillplate, some red in the fins... I'm very positive now it's an N. anduzei. Quite a rarity if it really is.

I will have a look again tomorrow. If it's anduzei I will be able to tell by the dorsal fin as it's quite distinctive compared to others in the genus. I think it's a bit big to be anduzei though and looks the wrong shape, but won't be able to tell until I have a look tomorrow. I've kept anduzei several times before, so we'll see. They often come in as bicatch with P. simulans.

rr16

5 Year Member
There's also quite a distinct white line extending into the caudal fin which is not present in anduzei.

MacZ

There's also quite a distinct white line extending into the caudal fin which is not present in anduzei.
That I've attributed to the background, as it's only visible in the second picture unless you know it's there.

I'm really looking forward to see what it ultimately turns out to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….