• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fluke tabs

heslipst

5 Year Member
Does anyone had any good advice from experience using fluke tabs to clear tanks up? I am primarily concerned with any effects on plants... or smaller fish?

Steve

Randall

5 Year Member
Dear Steve,

What is it that you're trying to "clear up," please? Fluke Tabs is a specific and very powerful medication that can harm some fish.

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

heslipst

5 Year Member
I have an infestation of planaria, cammalanus nematodes and snails (which host the nematodes). I only ask, because this has been the latest recommendation to me after I have not had success with anything else.

Randall

5 Year Member
Dear Steve,

What are you keeping in that tank, fish or parasites! :?

With dwarf cichlids, it is recommended to dose at half strengh. I'd recommend performing a partial water change both before and after treatment. Usually two doses over two days is sufficient. At the first sign of stress, however, please abandon the program and perform a water change.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

heslipst

5 Year Member
I actually have the fish out and in a quarantine tank where I am trying to coax them to eat some pellets that have absorbed garlic elixer and pipzine... no luck though. My fish will not eat anything that is not their normal food. Hopefully they will get too hungry to resist soon

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….