• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fish in italy

rama

5 Year Member
hello,

this is just a try :)

after speaking with Neil Lilliedoll, i have understand that shipping this little fish to italy could be a problem. Maybe there is some italian that love this fish that could give to me some advice, where to buy, maybe even online, or in some city in the north of italy.

best regards!

Rama

fishgeek

many of the fish (cichlids) in the u.k come from czech breeders, italy is closer so perhaps that is an area to investigate

also the germans have a keen aquatic interest and again they are closer to you

andrew

rama

5 Year Member
Where in Italy are you also what fish are you interested in.

i live in a small town in the north west of italy, about 200km from milan and 150km from turin.

i am intrested in Apistogramma cacatuoides "Yellow/Gold"
and the p. taeniatus.

right now i will be start some research on the area suggested by fishgeek and Owen.
Just to add, i have find some czech site but they don't sell to public only to resellers :) i will search again :)

I will also make some telephone call to turin. If they have, i can go there, 150km is not soo much for a fish i hope...it will take 2 hours of car.

Anyway, continue the research :)

Zapisto

5 Year Member
you have some nice lovers in france also.

just let me know if you are interested.
the only one prob most of them doesn't speak english :(

let me know

Fatts

5 Year Member
Rama, Just something to think about, everything that I have seen on the YG cacs has been pretty bad. From what I have seen to date they all seem to have a swim bladder issue, leading me to think there is a genetic problem in that line. I would just say to make sure you do a lot of research before you buy, and then observe the ACTUAL fish before you buy it.

rama

5 Year Member
you are right, totally!

today i have take a look to the garden in my city (the place where i can find fish).
he have cacatuoides red (actually one of the fish that i would like to have) but in a small tank about 20 male, 2 died (maybe they fight, or the quality of water is terrible, or both).
The other wasn't good looking as well, terrible color. And the price is 24 euro (30 usd if i remember well the change) for a pair of this poor fish. That's way i am still searching...

tnx for helping and for the suggestion! best regards

ancientaquarist

5 Year Member
Fish from Europe. Attn: Rama

I missed what fish you were looking for but Tony Orso gets all his aquarium bred fishes from a Mr. Ullmann in Prague. He has a tremendous
reputation among my fishy friends in Austria and Germany and I believe
he retails as well as wholesales. I'd contact Tony for his email address:
www.torsousa.com.

I'm finding the internet a great resource when searching for hard to find
dwarf cichlid spp. and cvs.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
When I was stationed in Aviano I managed to find a couple nice fish shops in Venice and Pordenone. The one in Pordenone actually had apistos every now and then. I wish I could remember their names. I would think a city the size of Turin or Milan would definately have some decent shops.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
The fish in Venice could have been mine, I ship to Italy occasionally to a Mr Massi there. If the postal folks arent on strike your fish usually make it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….