• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fish in hong kong

blueblue

5 Year Member
fishgeek said:
any members from hong kong and know what the dwarf market is like there?

andrew

Hi Andrew: I am from HK, what do you want to know about the market here? ^.^

fishgeek

i have perhaps the opportuity for employment there in the new year and was wondering what the hobby was like

it seems i can have al the fish i could desire and perhaps little space in which to keep them?

andrew

blueblue

5 Year Member
Andrew, I am afraid you will be disappointed when you find that the number of fish you can find in the largest aquarium fish market in Hong Kong is NOT as much as what you might have expected! To be frank, i think you can find about 10 to 20 (or even 30, depending on seasons) kinds of apisto in the local HK fish market... but for the really precious and high quality good fish, it is all by chance or you have to know the channel... you may even need to wait for quite some time. Anyhow, if you will really go to HK and you are looking for some apistos, you may let me know and i could try to share some info with you ^.^

fishgeek said:
i have perhaps the opportuity for employment there in the new year and was wondering what the hobby was like

it seems i can have al the fish i could desire and perhaps little space in which to keep them?

andrew

blueblue

5 Year Member
fishgeek said:
blue 10-20 sounds like a lot to me

andrew

Then you will have an enjoyable experience in finding those
species around ^.^ By the way, just a small tip, for fish which
sells at a price of above US$50, you would wish to make a bargain.
a 10% off is usually available in the stores... ^_^

blueblue

5 Year Member
david hui said:
Has anyone being to Chan Ming's place?

http://www.chanmingdiscus.com

What do you think?

He was known as the "King of Discus" in Hong Kong once upon the time;
His store was called No. 8 and was quite well-established.

As far as i know, he does sell some apistos, but he is NOT rated as a guy in
apistos trade... his store is also NOT classified as a place for apisto
hobbyists in Hong Kong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….