• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fish distribution

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hi all!

Small question..
I’m currently looking at fish from Guyana.
I saw thar copella nattereri is found there, but i can’t figure out if it’s Marinho or Zarske.
Any help on how ti read fishbase or any help at all, is very much appreciated.

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thanks Mac! Much appreciated.
I’m looking for British Guyana.
Though there is a picture (on fishbase), i’m still not completely sure which of the two it is.

-r

Mazan

but i can’t figure out if it’s Marinho or Zarske.
I don't understand this? Just Copella nattereri is listed for Guyana.

I have some papers on Copella classification if they of any help? One is by Marinho, the other by Zarske?? But I am not sure exactly what you are trying to find out? The Marinho one is too big to upload it is:
Taxonomic review of Copella (Characiformes: Lebiasinidae) with an identification key for the species
Manoela M. F. Marinho*, Nae ́rcio A. Menezes.

Attachments

• 119Copella.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 120

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I have some papers on Copella classification if they of any help? One is by Marinho, the other by Zarske?? But I am not sure exactly what you are trying to find out?
Copella spp. naming is a real mess, because the holotype specimens are too degraded to definitively identify what the fish is.

Hence the two names, dependent upon what the researcher decided. Have a look at @Tom C 's <"web site">.

No help at all in your case, but I've kept Copella callolepis (Zarske) fairly recently, and they are a small fish, but <"fairly feisty">.

cheers Darrel

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hey folks!!! Thanks for helping and sorry for confusion.
There are more copella species found in Guyana.
But due to the confusion of c. Nattereri and c. Callolepis, populare names and pictures are often not any help.

I have kept both species and they are both beautiful fish.

Not sure if this was any help.

-r

Mazan

Yes, I just happened to have those papers, and one was in German, and I didn't look too carefully as I wasn't clear exactly what the original question was. I really like Corellas too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….