• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

first spawn and first free swimmers!

davidjp1982

Donating Member
I will try - my camera died recently so I only have a mobile phone to snap pics with at the moment, and not a very good phone at that.

gerald

5 Year Member
Careful about feeding whole blackworms to small fry; sometimes they can kill the fish if they slurp and swallow too many worms without chewing enough to kill the worms. I usually chop the worms on a wood cutting board for feeding fish smaller than 2 inches, for safety.

ErtyJr

Thank you gerald. This has been my only feeding as I ran my culture too low and I'm allowing it to grow out more now, but when I do feed them again I will be certain to chop them for my fishes safety.

Also, what is that fish in your avatar? It's beautiful!

gerald

5 Year Member
My avatar fish is a Gulf Coast pygmy sunfish, Elassoma gilberti, from the Florida panhandle area near Tallahassee. They're not too active and hide alot, but males are lovely on the rare occasions that I see them! Females are mottled brown with just a little blue under the eye.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….