• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

finaly(trifasciata)

apisto85

5 Year Member
I finaly got my trifasciata's out of the aquarium store and home.

Now i have some questions.

Is trifasciata really this shy???
I havent seen my fish allmost at all(the have been whit me a day)

How could i get them to feel better? you now, the ideal conditions

farm41

5 Year Member
Trifasciata are very shy fish, provide them with plenty of structure like caves and plants and they will be more comfortable, but you will likely not see them much.

Neil

Matt is right. These guys can be pretty reclusive. It will help to have plenty of cover and to have bold dither fish that swim around alot and go crazy when food is put in the tank. They will be a little more outgoing when they breed, but they are still one of the more shy apistos.
Neil

apisto85

5 Year Member
actionaly

Actionaly the fish have gothen a lot braver in the last day. The male has kinda got a terratory. Not completely shore course the male leaves the place somethimes and lets other fish come there sometimes too but most of the time he doesnt want any body else in there. The male got he's terratory from a geislerimale who was werry terratorial and liked to kick fishes asses. :lol:
So i quea it cant be that timid. We'll see

Henrique

5 Year Member
Hello...

Hello from Brazil.
How much is a trifasciata?Where do you from?
I think this apisto have a great blue color.
Here in my country have a very wild place(Pantanal Matrogrossense) and there are many wild trifasciata.
But in brazilian aquarium stores almost all of them are from Rio de Janeiro...and not wild catch.
Bye.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….