• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

female lost her yellow color

rawdog

5 Year Member
I recently bought a pair of Agassizi's, they in their own 4ft tank with a few plants rocks etc. the day after their arrival the female turned yellow, they did all the tail slapping, chasing each other etc

now 3 days later, the female is almost black and hiding (very well) in a peice of wood, the male doesnt have a clue where she is :)

i am hoping she is just taking a well earned break and being flourescent yellow is not a good camoflauge

or does the loss of color mean it's all over ?

here's a pic of their happier days

http://www.users.on.net/~elemmen/images/appisto-pair.jpg

Griz

5 Year Member
Sounds like she has laid eggs or perhaps has newly hatched fry. You will know for certain very soon. Good Luck!

rawdog

5 Year Member
yep you are right, there are eggs in her hideout now, and she is yellow again :)

hopefully have some pics of some fry in a few weeks !

thanks griz

kenkht

5 Year Member
Brilliant.

Now I know what to look for. My female Aggassizzii is quite yellow now. Hope she loses her color :tongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….