• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding rams

G

gary1218

Are rams mainly meat eaters or vegetable eaters?

I've been trying to feed my rams live blackworms and live white worms and I'm a little surprised they are not taking to them a little more enthusiastically.

GARY

aspen

5 Year Member
rams are mainly meat eaters, but like all dwarfs are omnivorous. i feed mine flake, frozen bloodworms, my beefheart/ shrimp mix (they go nuts for it) and finely chopped hikari frozen tubifex. have you seen them eat vorasciously at anything? maybe they have a digestive problem. i find the more competition there is in the tank for food, the more they are in there for the food. i can hand feed mine. i also chop the bloodworms as well (while frozen, with a rasor blade). they can't handle big food very well, ime. maybe the worms are too big.

rick

mordor

5 Year Member
If rams are from store they may be imported from Asia. I have heard that many breeders over there completely converted to dry food. Best way, it works in my case, is to have any other fish that eat well. Rams will learn by example that stuff you put into tank is eatable. I would recomend some characins which atack all food very fast and other fishes will quickly notice that dinner is served :lol: If they will keep not eating you may consider that they have some disease and lost of apetitte is a result of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….