• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fast Reply Please...

Apistogramma

5 Year Member
Hi

A new line of Apistogramma have been released into New Zealand, only a small amount are available, I am looking to get my hands on these types...

1 x Pair of Huallaga
1 x Pair of Norbert 2
1 x Pair of Maulbruter
1 x Pair of Cruzi

Does anyone have scientific names for them? I want to breed them? Can it be done...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi

A new line of Apistogramma have been released into New Zealand, only a small amount are available, I am looking to get my hands on these types...

1 x Pair of Huallaga
1 x Pair of Norbert 2
1 x Pair of Maulbruter
1 x Pair of Cruzi

Does anyone have scientific names for them? I want to breed them? Can it be done...

Three of the 4 are commercial names made up by the exporter/importer. They could be anything, but I can give you an educated guess:

1 x Pair of Huallaga - either A. baenschi (Inca) or A. rositae (Harlequin); these are the primary species collected in the Río Huallaga drainage.

1 x Pair of Norbert 2 - Probably a nijsseni-like species often A. rositae or A. sp. Zwilling/Twin.

1 x Pair of Maulbruter - this is German for A. sp. Mouthbrooder

1 x Pair of Cruzi - a half dozen species have been erroneously listed as 'A. cruzi': A. cruzi (very rare), A. Nanay/Melgar/ A. sp. Putumay/Algodon 2; A. sp. Pebas, and a couple of forms of A. cf. eunotus.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmadoKag

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(