• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ehein Suction Cups

Nain

5 Year Member
I have four 54 gallon tanks set up with both undergravel filters and Eheim cannister filters used as grow out/display tanks for Apistos. My water is beautifully clear as a result of the dual filtration and pH is easy to maintain. I have a problem with the suction cups that are used to hold the spray bar along the top of the tanks. After a period of time the cups seem to harden and to lose their ability to grasp on to the glass. Is there a way to refresh te suction cups, or should I just buy new ones?

2la

5 Year Member
A note: If they are hardened due to lime or hard algae deposits, you can soak them overnight in a dilute bleach solution. If, however, it's the rubber itself that has hardened with time, then you're better off following farm41's advice.

Cheers!

2la

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….