• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

egg yolk feeding

cmoreash

5 Year Member
Hi,

I've been feeding my baby apistos baby brine shrimp, and crushed flakes. They seem to like both.

But, I was wondering how goood the boiled egg yolk really is. Can someone give me some good detailed instructions on how to do it? everything i have read is rather vague.

Thanks a lot! :)

farm41

5 Year Member
I tried it once with ram fry, quite messy, I only used it because ram fry are to small to eat bbs. I don't know the details, but I just mixed a little hard boiled egg yolk with some water and squirt it in with a pipette.

Someone else I'm sure has had success with it.

aspen

5 Year Member
one method i've heard used to feed fry with egg, involves drawing a straight line on the side of a container in egg yolk and letting this dry. add water to the bottom of the line, let the fry feed, then lower the water level a bit, till the egg yolk is again above the water line and let dry. this pollutes the water much less than adding the egg to the water in the 'blow it in a cloud at the fry' method. i believe this was in an article by bing seto, about raising discus fry. i haven't beeen able to locate the article, but i will post it whem i do.

rick

Neil

That is a great idea!
I usually have made a small amount of egg yolk mixed with water(and a little liquifry) into a pasty substance. I then smear a little on the side or bottom(or maybe a little piece of slate) of the tank. I give them awhile to eat, then wipe or syphon out the remainder.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….