• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarfs out of Africa

Bobeyente

5 Year Member
Hi folks

I am a amateur breeder based in South Africa, I am currently breeding the following A. cacatoides red/double red/triple red & yellow sunburst, A. Trafisciata, A Vijieta. I also have wild caught purple kribensis that spawn like cockroaches with schools of fry in excess of 150 per spawn. I quit breeding Blue Ramirezi as it is not worth the time and effort to raise the slow growing fry, also do two species of Ancistrus.

Looking to swap or trade for more Apisto species, Baenschi, pertensis etc. If you can help me with wild/F1 Apistos I can help you with wild caught/f1 purple/common Kribensis from Cameroon. (I have seen what they go for in the US/Europe and just so u know I breed them as feeder fish for my spotted Florida pike, they have a near zero monetary value in Africa) So we have an economically reversed situation on either side of the big ocean, I have kribs and you folk have Apistos

drop me a line at joe at cichlid-forum dot co dot za should you be interested or able to help me.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think that Ted wants to know about the legal requirements. Most countries have a lot of bureaucratic paperwork that need to be processed before export/import permits can be gotten.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Aircraft is fine, so I assume that you are talking about transporting something along the line of 100 Kg of freight. Otherwise the cost of international air freight is too high. What I need to know is that if you are looking to trade smaller quantities of fish do you have a mail system that permits you to ship fish through the mail? Do you have the breather bags and insulated boxes to ship fish for what would probably be 4-5 days in transit? Shipping too and from Africa always comes down to the cost of the transportation and whether or not the fish can be shipped in a timely manner. We had a discussion like this with another person in South Africa a couple years ago... unless something has changed, or you know of a different way to do it, it will likely prove too difficult to ship fish between us.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….