• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

curvicep report

R

rivendell_jw

Hi all! I just wanted to let you know what I saw when I came home tonight. My female curvicep was almost black underneath around her ventral fins. It was a purple color that was blackish. The male was following her all around the tank with dark bands on his side and shades of blue on his caudil fin and anal fin.

This is from a male that didn't want her anywhere near him earlier and from a pair of curviceps that had gone in hiding since I had gone away from r/o water. I've been adding r/o back in for a couple of weeks and checked the water last night and saw only minor changes in ph and hardness.

It must have been enough though. They have been out in the tank more and more since I've been adding the r/o back and they have been coming to eat more assertively than they were.

Just thought I'd let you all know the status of things. The only bad thing is that I was getting ready to move them to a new tank in the next week or so.

Thanks for all the help.

- John

Randall

5 Year Member
L. curviceps

Dear John,

That black coloration on your female is an indication of imminent spawning. Please continue to do what you're doing and keep up the good work! Given the circumstances, it may be wise to delay moving your curviceps for the time being.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Neil

rivendell_jw,
Agreed! Glad to hear the changes helped. Looking forward to a post about little babies swimming around the tank.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….