• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Current state of my tanks..

rasmusW

5 Year Member
hi all!

there's been a lot of radio silence on my end lately, so i thought it was about time to show a few pictures of 3 of my tanks.
first one... -my 120 liters with 10 copella nattereri and a trio of apistogramma atahualpa. both species have laid eggs and i also did notice free swimming atahualpa fry. -though i still haven't succeeded to actually grow out any fry.
ealier today i spotted a new clutch of eggs, so hopes are up again.

-small question. what color does atahualpa eggs usually have?. -i have had both red and white egg batches, which produced free swimming fry (-the ones from the red eggs grew biggest).
IMG_5749_2.jpg
IMG_5748_2.jpg
IMG_5747_2.jpg
IMG_5742_2.jpg
IMG_5746_2.jpg

first 75 liter.

this one doesn't contain any apistos atm. i did hope for a pair of a. rositae, but unfortunately i was a little to slow... -now i'm either waiting on more rositaes or a pair of panduro.
so far this tank houses my 3 remaining pyrrhulina obermuelleri and 3 euryrhynchus amazoniensis. the later i rarely ever see.
i have seen apistogramma panduro biotope pictures with a few aquatic plants. not sure if it was mayaca fluviatilis as i use here... might be tonina fluviatilis.
IMG_5751_2.jpg

second and last 75 liter tank.

here's my current home for my pair of a. bitaeniata. they share the tank with a batch of fry (about 7-10mm), 7 adult nannostromus marginatus and my first fry of these. and lastly i also added the 2 otocinclus affinis i had from another tank.

IMG_5753_2.jpg

that's it for now...

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thank you Sir. (-and thanks to all you who gave me a thumbs up) -ye! I’m actually quite happy about it myself. But like you probally know, there is always that feeling, like a little itch, like “it would be perfect in a bigger tank, maybe some other botanicals” or what not... but that is also what makes this hobby so much fun.

-r

murph3400

hi all!

there's been a lot of radio silence on my end lately, so i thought it was about time to show a few pictures of 3 of my tanks.
first one... -my 120 liters with 10 copella nattereri and a trio of apistogramma atahualpa. both species have laid eggs and i also did notice free swimming atahualpa fry. -though i still haven't succeeded to actually grow out any fry.
ealier today i spotted a new clutch of eggs, so hopes are up again.

-small question. what color does atahualpa eggs usually have?. -i have had both red and white egg batches, which produced free swimming fry (-the ones from the red eggs grew biggest).
View attachment 10079View attachment 10078View attachment 10077View attachment 10076View attachment 10075

first 75 liter.

this one doesn't contain any apistos atm. i did hope for a pair of a. rositae, but unfortunately i was a little to slow... -now i'm either waiting on more rositaes or a pair of panduro.
so far this tank houses my 3 remaining pyrrhulina obermuelleri and 3 euryrhynchus amazoniensis. the later i rarely ever see.
i have seen apistogramma panduro biotope pictures with a few aquatic plants. not sure if it was mayaca fluviatilis as i use here... might be tonina fluviatilis.
View attachment 10080

second and last 75 liter tank.

here's my current home for my pair of a. bitaeniata. they share the tank with a batch of fry (about 7-10mm), 7 adult nannostromus marginatus and my first fry of these. and lastly i also added the 2 otocinclus affinis i had from another tank.

View attachment 10081

that's it for now...

-r
Nice job

Samala

These are lovely. Are there lids on the tanks to keep the Copella in? Or do they not jump given all the floating cover?

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Thanks a lot, you two.
Yes, the big tank is lid less, but i haven’t seen any of the copella jump that high. They stay just beneath the surface.
There is about 5-10 cm. Up to the edge and as you can see plenty of plant cover.
I kept the pyrrhulinas in it aswell. They too stayed more or less under the waterline, though did splash more. It was first when i moved them to the smaller 75 liter, they jumped out (=two dead fish). This tank has a lid on...

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Just a little update here...
my atahualpa mom, brought out 5-10 free swimming fry yesterday. Wuhuu!!!
Though it’s not a huge batch and they are still very small, it’s still a great succes.

-r

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….