• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cory’s and Apisto ( singular)

tarmer

Good evening all... Before I make another rash decision - I was hoping to get a solid consensus if possible- I have never had Apistos before so I am learning the ropes of owning them....

What I have read in forum searches is that you can/ you cannot / you should / you should not - So let me see if I can get a more solid answer

I would like to keep Cory(s) with a single male cauc. - he is feisty and does even chase tor Otto around on occasion - I have corys before so am familiar with them - let me clarify- this is not a breeding tank and don’t intend for it to be -

it will be one apisto with some tetras, Otto and Cory-

is the Cory a bad idea in this situation- it is a Biocube 32 - planted and driftwood, sand substrate

thoughts or guidance would be very much appreciated as I do not want to run down another road of regret !!!

TIA

MacZ

For both Apistogramma and Corydoras the footprint of a tank is more important than the volume. I found that a single Apistogramma (tried with A. cf. ortegai) may still chase Corydoras from time to time. Mine found the group of C. habrosus I had annoying, so each time I fed them he would chase the Corydoras from the food until he was done. That is definitely something to avoid.

And as a cube tank has a very limited footprint I'd be wary if this could work. I'd rather say no. If you have a tank to move the Apistogramma to at any given time, you could try.

About the Otos: If the tank is newer than 6 months I'd not put Otos in. They tend to starve without supplement food if the tank isn't well established yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….