• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Connecticut?

drudnick

5 Year Member
I lived in Bristol for 3 years...

West End Pizza is my spot...Not that that has anything to do with fish...lol

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

I was born and raised in CT. Spent the last couple of years in the Boston area going to mechanics school, and now I'm back. Was looking locally for a pair or two of apistos I''ve never owned.

Rich

drudnick

5 Year Member
Im not quite familiar with every place in CT and spyder probably knows more about the clubs than i would. but I do know a place in manchester, ct called Aquatic Wildlife gets Apistos in. I have purchased from them in the past.

If you call and speak to mgr or the owner they can probably order things for you. Ive never bothered ordering from them, as I would prefer to buy from a local breeder (and by local I dont mean local to me, but a private person) vs a store who probably gets them from a mass distributor whos just looking to turn a quick buck.

but give Aquatic Wildlife a call. Its strictly fish. Nice little store.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Just when I thought I knew every store in the state! Like you, I am more interested in private sales, but if I strike out (which is often as I've bred quite a few apistos already), i'll give em' a call, thanks for the tip!

Rich

Spyder

5 Year Member
A great option for purchasing is Tony Orso. He has wonderful fish and is located in North Jersey, not a far drive. Here is his web site: http://www.webraretropicalfish.com/

You can also go to Atlantis, located in the Pokeepsee, NY area. They are only open to the public on Saturdays from 10am - 2pm but they get lots of wild caught Apistos plus nice tank raised. Here is their web site: http://www.cichlids.net/

Another great store that will get you whatever you want is The Puppy Center located in West Harford, talk to Chuck, he can get you anything.

Also if your in for a little ride go to Uncle Neds Fish Factory located South East of Boston. A ride worth taking. He even has a forum to ask for fish and current stock. Web site: http://www.unclenedsfishfactory.com/

HTH, Michael

drudnick

5 Year Member
If your going to use Uncle Neds make sure ytou make a phone call before going. Like right now he doesnt have any apistos in. So if you just go, you might be disappointed. They have apistos, but they dont generally get alot of stuff in, so you have to constantly look with them.

I did get my wild gibbiceps from his though. went the day they came in and got the only female in bunch of about 20-30

reddfox321

5 Year Member
From New London myself...

I got some pandas at an auction in Hartford. New England Aquarium society or something like that. They were great fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….