• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Apistogramma Cacatuoides...

monisaab

I have a 10gallon tank that currently houses 4 Bronze cory cats, I was thinking about transferring the cacatuoides pair to it and try breeding them... My question is should I take out the cory cats or can they remain with the Apistos???

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Remove the corys. A 10 is a bit small, but manageable for for breeding apistos if you're careful. The corys will be at least pests; at worst egg eaters.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Can you please also ID the Apisto in my other post...

Well, it is difficult now because the photos were removed. At the time, I thought Haakon's views were correct: the photos were not good enough for a proper identification. Unless I consider someone else's opinion to be incorrect, I feel that I do not need to respond. I am not the only member who can identify most apistos.:)

monisaab

I did not remove the pics... I've transferred the pair to the other tank and corys to the tank from where the cacatuoides pair came...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….