• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Apistogramma Borelli Opal

Vijendra

Apistogramma borelli opal
22.jpg

11.jpg

Got a couple of juvis a few months back and housed them in my community low-tech planted set up (36"*18"*18")

Was lucky enough to get a pair out of those, started feeding them microfex, grindals, chopped compost worms and frozen mosquito larvae.
The female occupied one of the clay pots positioned for her in between some plants.

The couple....
13%2520%25287%2529.jpg

Soon she laid around 25-30 eggs in her cave and started guarding her nesting site
The eggs...
31%2520%25284%2529.jpg

Female looking after her recently laid eggs...
17%2520%252810%2529.jpg

I removed the pot and kept it in a breeding box attached to the main tank after the eggs hatched to avoid the fries being eaten by other fish in the community tank...
16%2520%252810%2529.jpg

The fries....
6.jpg

One of the fellas along with Bristlenose Plec fries...
12.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….