• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bolivian Rams natural habitat

eicello

5 Year Member
Hey Folks,

Anyone know what the natural habitat for Bolivians is like? I've got a pair that keeps spawning in my community tank. I want to set up a breeding tank that is as close to nature as possible. Please give me any info you can. Substrate, plants, current, temp, water, etc. Also, Anyone know where I can find wild-caught bolivians?

Neil

eicello,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Good question. I have not seen alot of specifics about their biotope. They come from primarily Boliva and, most recently Northern Bolivia. Apparently, their natural habitat is largely land that is being used for agriculture and is now in danger of being destroyed. I would assume that the substrate would be sand or fine material with little vegetation, However, rocks, wood and plants will suit them well in the aquarium.
The values should be kept at neutral levels. Their habitat is primarily 7.6pH and 4ºKH with a temp of about 80º. I would tend to keep them in closer to 7.0 pH water though.

Good luck,
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….