• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biotecus opercularis

wethumbs

5 Year Member
They are being raised commercially and available from Wetspot from time to time. I know of several people in the US keeping/breeding them.

ste12000

5 Year Member
There are also several hobbiests keeping and maintaining this species here in the UK. The latest import of wild stock from the Rio Negro was late 2011. I didnt purchase any from the importer but recently picked up a wild pair from a aquarist who is closing down. Ive had them a little over a week and only now are they becoming more confident about exploring their enviroment. Beautiful little fish and im hoping to maintain these long term!

DSCF7339.jpg

DSCF7335.jpg

DSCF7329.jpg

Rodr

5 Year Member
Yes, I have my first babies right now. They have been laing eggs many times. But first now when I lovered the Ph. babies arrived.
My 2 pairs came from GB.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
Always wanting these I finally ordered 6 from wetspotz was thinking of setting them up in a 20 long
any advice would be helpful

sitra88

these fish are very nice.. I was thinking about getting some but.. i was curious what would be good to put with these? Would they get along with dicrossus maculatus and microgeophagus altispinosus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….